- 341,202 views
Here’s What You’ve Missed!
- Thor describes my purpose
- I openly mock Myers Briggs, but an INTP would do
- The Law Of The Instrument
- Reality has a liberal bias
- Why killing Sweat Angels is the most valuable work I do all day
- Cloud cuckoo-land
- Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is a pony
- The Varieties of Human Work
- There really is only one test!
- The Curious Case Of The Chart That Didn’t Bark In The Night
- Looking good, Billy Ray!
- Computers are weird
- We’re number 2! We’re number 2! Yay us! Now who’s US exactly?
- I am an average employee
- How to be hopelessly untrendy
- Why you SHOULDN’T try to improve performance measures!
- The sun is in Uranus
- Lean, ISO and 6 Sigma all walk into a bar. Hilarity ensues.
- Three Reasons Why National Customer Service Week Is Rubbish! Again!
- What’s the purpose of a-SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
- How to have an organisational detox!
- Your job is not what you think it is
- This mug cost £224,000,000
- Wanted: idle, indifferent and irresponsible staff for absurd work.
- You are no Daniel Kahneman, sir, and I would have you unhand me before I call the gendarmie
- Why do you need a hole in your head?
- Ooooohhh Matron!
- Why Not to Trust Statistics
- How to spoil someone for work (for ever more)
- Are you a policy fashion victim?
- Look around my eyes, don’t look into my eyes. LASER BEAMS come out ’em
- The 1 thing nobody has ever said about a scorecard (and the 7 things they often do)
- The Systemsy Policy Officer takes a bow
- E=Q*A FFS!
- Is this true?
- I turned down a 40% pay rise…here’s why!
- I’ve had it with average and why you should too
- 3 more things performance management GETS ALL WRONG
- How to be fooled by randomness
- How to learn Kung Fu in 1 easy step
- 7 signs it is all going to go wrong
- Give it away for FREE!
- Service Level Agreement- 3 little lies
- I’m a glittering generality!
- I don’t know much about control charts (but I know what I like)
- Naughty…but nice
- Do you pretend to do pretend work?
- Who’s the cynic?
- What fresh hell is THIS?
Tag Archives: get knowledge
Why is it that a… …is a really essential thing to have? Here’s why! You’re the head cook in a primary school. It’s your job to design the menu and make the meals. You want to make the healthiest food … Continue reading
Q: If the chef wiped his arse on this lovely piece of steak before cooking it for you, should you worry? (i)Yes, (ii) no or (iii) it depends? You should worry. There is a legal requirement in the UK that … Continue reading
If I’ve learned anything at work, it’s that work isn’t much a place for learning. There’s plenty more in other places that go into whys and wherefores of this. Both me complaining and others explaining. This isn’t about that. But specifically… Whatever … Continue reading
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” I used to work for Amnesia Incorporated. I can’t remember exactly what business it was in, but no doubt it was dynamic, vital and important as thousands of people … Continue reading
I had to attend a series of public meetings to find out how they worked. I sat in the public gallery and wrote down what the people were saying, not verbatim, but pretty much, so my head was down, facing … Continue reading
There you go, 3 chords, now form a band. This cartoon from a Punk fanzine in the late 70’s tells you that you, yes you, can form a band. No years of training, no expert or arcane knowledge. It doesn’t … Continue reading
Silly. Un-needed. Harmful at times. They not worth the paper they are written on. The paper they are written on Read on for why!