- 351,320 views
Here’s What You’ve Missed!
- How i learned to skip with Toyota
- The man who mistook his wife for an actual change in performance
- There are only 6 graphs you’ll ever see on a performance report and they’re all rubbish. Here they are.
- If it’s too complicated to understand it’s probably total nonsense
- Can you count up to 8?
- I am totally positive
- I am totally negative
- Thor describes my purpose
- I openly mock Myers Briggs, but an INTP would do
- The Law Of The Instrument
- Reality has a liberal bias
- Why killing Sweat Angels is the most valuable work I do all day
- Cloud cuckoo-land
- Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is a pony
- One weird trick to design your organisation, in one easy step! (Management consultants will HATE you!)
- The Varieties of Human Work
- There really is only one test!
- The Curious Case Of The Chart That Didn’t Bark In The Night
- Looking good, Billy Ray!
- Computers are weird
- We’re number 2! We’re number 2! Yay us! Now who’s US exactly?
- I am an average employee
- How to be hopelessly untrendy
- Why you SHOULDN’T try to improve performance measures!
- The sun is in Uranus
- Lean, ISO and 6 Sigma all walk into a bar. Hilarity ensues.
- Three Reasons Why National Customer Service Week Is Rubbish! Again!
- What’s the purpose of a-SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
- How to have an organisational detox!
- Your job is not what you think it is
- This mug cost £224,000,000
- Wanted: idle, indifferent and irresponsible staff for absurd work.
- You are no Daniel Kahneman, sir, and I would have you unhand me before I call the gendarmie
- Why do you need a hole in your head?
- Ooooohhh Matron!
- Why Not to Trust Statistics
- How to spoil someone for work (for ever more)
- Are you a policy fashion victim?
- Look around my eyes, don’t look into my eyes. LASER BEAMS come out ’em
- The 1 thing nobody has ever said about a scorecard (and the 7 things they often do)
- The Systemsy Policy Officer takes a bow
- E=Q*A FFS!
- Is this true?
- I turned down a 40% pay rise…here’s why!
- I’ve had it with average and why you should too
- 3 more things performance management GETS ALL WRONG
- How to be fooled by randomness
- How to learn Kung Fu in 1 easy step
- 7 signs it is all going to go wrong
- Give it away for FREE!
- all wrong change clarity of purpose command and control communication customer data deming experiment human brains are weird information knowledge leadership learning me doing it plans plausible but untrue psychology public sector purpose questions statistics systems thinking systems thinking in housing benefits systemz comix targets thinking Uncategorized vanguard method very short posts
- 95% system 5% individual all wrong ashbys law benchmarking blogging change chris argyris clarity of purpose cognitive bias Command and control command and control thinking communication control charts customer customer service daniel kahneman Data defensive culture demand management deming documents don't let the bastards grind you down double loop learning engagement Experiment failure demand Flow get knowledge IT John Seddon kittens are evil leaders lean lean thinking learning local authority made to stick measures meetings motivation nassim taleb OBA Ofsted performance management performance reports Perspectives policy officer posiwid prince2 psychology public sector purpose questions reports sethgodin Seth Godin signal and noise single loop learning some people hate systems thinking statistics systems thinking systems thinking fundamentals systemz comix targets teams theory Thinking thinking not tools thinking system performance value Vanguard method variation Very short posts what matters Zombie Deming
Category Archives: learning
About a month or so ago I started getting loooaads of traffic for a really old post from when the blog was still good. This one was about 4 German words we should all use, which is why it was … Continue reading
Every organisation is a learning organisation. It’s just that most aren’t very good at it at all. Yes, I said it. A learning organisation is just any organisation, whether it chooses to learn how to get better at pursuing its … Continue reading
Q: How do you learn Kung Fu? A: Attend a 1 hour training session in Kung Fu. Hey presto…. April Fool! That won’t work, if you want to know Kung Fu you’d have to train for years. One hour will do … Continue reading
Imagine you go to a bus-stop and take out a ten pound note and shout to the people waiting…. Everybody will think you’re mad and ignore you. Now imagine you took that £10 and posted it through your neighbour’s letterbox. … Continue reading
I’ve never been trained in using control charts, never passed a test or worked with anyone who’s knowledgeable in them. Everything I’ve learned has been off of the Internet Or books, books as well, they’re famously good for learning. Cunninghams Law … Continue reading
No fresh hell sweetie. Just the latest incarnation of a stale and very familiar hell. Do you recognise this… yawning at yet another exactly-the-same organisational transformation? wiping sleep out of your eyes at yet another whizz-bang IT venture that’ll save lots … Continue reading