“Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door”
I have found a better mousetrap! It is easier, better, quicker, and cheaper.
But what will people say when I show them it?
- The mousetrap doesn’t fit with our strategic priorities.
- We’ve outsourced to Cats R Us for the next 5 years. Mousetraps are irrelevant.
- That’s all well and good but does it do brown mice as well as white?
- We tried that mousetrap last year and it worked all right. The manager left and the new one prefers rat poison.
- Has the mousetrap been audited?
- I don’t like it.
- Well it’s good to have another tool in the box. We’ll continue hitting them with rolling pins though.
- Our strategic partner provides all our mice killing and we pay them handsomely.
- What mice? We don’t have a mice problem.
Turns out, it’s not the mice that’s the issue. The real problem is how people think about the problem.
Do you have a mice problem, or a thinking problem?