Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead?
- 137,228 views
Follow the onion on TwitterMy Tweets
Here’s What You’ve Missed!
- How do you make it hard to find a job?
- What is a Googleplex?
- Wag the dog
- How to measure a meeting
- How to achieve immortality in one easy step
- How do YOU waste time at work?
- How to be a Policy Expert
- How to be better and quicker
- 4 ways job interviews ruin organisations
- How to get it
- How to spot what’s in charge at work
- Head-smashed-in buffalo jump
- Who’s the cynic?
- Twerking or working?
- Learning is a thing
- 3 word Deming
- How not to be loved
- Reductio ad Hitlerum
- Think Data
- Vino for money
- Welcome to Work Club!
- What is Tiny Data and why is it crucial?
- Is Big Data a pile of cack?
- What goes all the way down?
- What happens when targets die?
- Lazy managers make hungry children
- Does it matter that you know you have a BS job?
- Book learning
- How to keep bad ideas dead and buried
- Regressing to the Mean
- Why I care about systems thinking
- The Charlie Watts Paradigm
- Don’t hire experts
- The Willie Sutton Rule
- 6 things Local Government gets wrong about you
- 4 German words we should all use
- One of these is unnecessary
- Skyrides, and suppressed demand
- Where’s the work?
- Goodbye ICT, you’re already dead
- Meet friction, your abrasive friend.
- Rules for radicals
- How does an organization create breakthrough performance?
- How to start a library of dead ideas
- How to handle raw meat
- 5 harsh truths you’ll wish you’d learnt earlier
- Why listening beats questions 6 ways to Sunday
- Friday 12th July, 2013
- Kettle meet pot
- all wrong change clarity of purpose command and control communication customer data deming experiment human brains are weird knowledge leadership learning me doing it plans plausible but untrue psychology public sector purpose questions setting a numerical target is like... statistics systems thinking systems thinking in housing benefits systemz comix targets thinking Uncategorized vanguard method very short posts
- 95% system 5% individual ackoff alfie kohn all wrong ashbys law astronaut benchmarking Benefits blogging change chris argyris clarity of purpose climate Command and control command and control thinking communication control charts customer cynicism Data defensive culture deming don't let the bastards grind you down engagement Experiment Flow get knowledge IT it depends John Seddon kittens are evil lean lean thinking learning local authority made to stick measures meetings motivation nassim taleb OBA Ofsted olympics performance management performance reports Perspectives planning policy officer posiwid prince2 projects psychology purpose questions quite stupid sethgodin single loop learning some people hate systems thinking Strategy systems systems archetypes systems thinking systems thinking fundamentals systemz comix tao teams theory theory y Thinking thinking not tools Toolhead Vanguard method variation Very short posts Zombie Deming
Tag Archives: Very short posts
Celebrate this Halloween the systems thinking way! Put this up in your office to warn your managers that they’d best wise up or face the consequences. Please note: ThinkPurpose does not accept any responsibility. In general, like. But also for any … Continue reading
Quick! This patient is haemorrhaging fast! We need to get him to the Lean Project Room! Nurse, 30 mils of Takttime and VSM intravenous! Intubate and bag him! He’s going AS-IS!
Due to a complaint from a customer of this blog the original content has been removed. Turns out all the swearing broke his company’s Internet Swearometer and he couldn’t get to read all the scintillating content he came here for … Continue reading
In your organisation… Does your job get in the way of doing your job? Is knowing your place rewarded more than questioning your purpose? Is asking “why?” considered rude?
“I want to do brilliant work, with brilliant people.” Not a question I was asked at my annual performance appraisal this week. The only other question I would have wanted asked by a manager is “How can I help you … Continue reading
“The individual, once transformed, will: Set an example Be a good listener, but will not compromise Continually teach other people Help people to pull away from their current practice and beliefs and move into the new philosophy without a feeling … Continue reading
I’ll provide the title, I’m sure you can do your own content.