Quick! This patient is haemorrhaging fast!
We need to get him to the Lean Project Room!
Nurse, 30 mils of Takttime and VSM intravenous!
Intubate and bag him! He’s going AS-IS!
Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead?
- 137,512 views
Follow the onion on TwitterMy Tweets
Here’s What You’ve Missed!
- On the internet nobody knows you are a Policy Officer
- How do you make it hard to find a job?
- What is a Googleplex?
- Wag the dog
- How to measure a meeting
- How to achieve immortality in one easy step
- How do YOU waste time at work?
- How to be a Policy Expert
- How to be better and quicker
- 4 ways job interviews ruin organisations
- How to get it
- How to spot what’s in charge at work
- Head-smashed-in buffalo jump
- Who’s the cynic?
- Twerking or working?
- Learning is a thing
- 3 word Deming
- How not to be loved
- Reductio ad Hitlerum
- Think Data
- Vino for money
- Welcome to Work Club!
- What is Tiny Data and why is it crucial?
- Is Big Data a pile of cack?
- What goes all the way down?
- What happens when targets die?
- Lazy managers make hungry children
- Does it matter that you know you have a BS job?
- Book learning
- How to keep bad ideas dead and buried
- Regressing to the Mean
- Why I care about systems thinking
- The Charlie Watts Paradigm
- Don’t hire experts
- The Willie Sutton Rule
- 6 things Local Government gets wrong about you
- 4 German words we should all use
- One of these is unnecessary
- Skyrides, and suppressed demand
- Where’s the work?
- Goodbye ICT, you’re already dead
- Meet friction, your abrasive friend.
- Rules for radicals
- How does an organization create breakthrough performance?
- How to start a library of dead ideas
- How to handle raw meat
- 5 harsh truths you’ll wish you’d learnt earlier
- Why listening beats questions 6 ways to Sunday
- Friday 12th July, 2013
- all wrong change clarity of purpose command and control communication customer data deming experiment human brains are weird knowledge leadership learning me doing it plans plausible but untrue psychology public sector purpose questions setting a numerical target is like... statistics systems thinking systems thinking in housing benefits systemz comix targets thinking Uncategorized vanguard method very short posts
- 95% system 5% individual alfie kohn all wrong ashbys law astronaut benchmarking Benefits blogging change chris argyris clarity of purpose Command and control command and control thinking communication control charts customer cynicism Data defensive culture deming don't let the bastards grind you down engagement Experiment Flow get knowledge IT it depends John Seddon kittens are evil leaders lean lean thinking learning local authority made to stick measures meetings motivation nassim taleb OBA Ofsted olympics performance management performance reports Perspectives planning policy officer posiwid prince2 projects psychology purpose questions quite stupid sethgodin Seth Godin single loop learning some people hate systems thinking Strategy systems systems archetypes systems thinking systems thinking fundamentals systemz comix tao teams theory theory y Thinking thinking not tools Toolhead Vanguard method variation Very short posts Zombie Deming